Many people are unaware that some of the foods that we eat on regular basis can be deadly to your dog.
It’s tough to look at that pleading, furry face and resist giving our best friend some of the yummies we are eating, but, that is exactly what we need to do in order to protect him.
Here are some foods that are especially dangerous for your furbaby:
- A piece of chocolate can cause seizures, coma and death. Even a small piece of chocolate is dangerous.
- Anything containing caffeine can have a similar effect and be as dangerous as chocolate, and that includes coffee grounds, tea, and tea bags.
- Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure and even a single serving of raisins can kill your dog.
- Excessive salt intake can also cause kidney problems.
- Onions can cause anemia by destroying red blood cells while tomatoes can cause tremors and heart arrhythmias.
- Tomato plants are particularly toxic to dogs.
- Avocados are also highly toxic and can cause breathing difficulty and fluid accumulation around the abdomen chest and heart.
- When giving your dog bones ensure that they are raw as cooked bones can splinter and damage their internal organs.
- Excessive fat can cause pancreatitis, so it is not wise to feed your dog a diet of fatty foods.
- Fried foods also fall into this category and are not good to retain maximum health in your dog.
- Certain nuts, such as Macadamia nuts and walnuts can cause weakness and muscle tremors. Peanut butter however is generally okay provided you use the salt and sugar free peanut butter as sugar can encourage cancer growth.
- The core and pits of fruits such as Apple’s cherries and peaches contain cyanide, which is poisonous to dogs and can kill them within 24-hours without warning.
If in doubt, always refrain from feeding your dog foods that you are eating and assuming that they will be okay. What is safe for humans can kill your dog within hours.
It is absolutely FREE to join and we NEVER share your information!